The project for the Vogue Magic of Mohair competion is almost there! The knitting is done, the painting and then setting of the dyes is finished – OH my aching back! The pieces are now drying. Tomorrow I start the finishing.
I think that I am too close to the project now. I am not sure that it is what I wanted – the colours may be too strong or maybe the idea was flawed. I still have to solve the problem of too little or too much dye – too little, some of the yarn doesn’t dye – that was yesterday. Today, too much, as I finished I applied more colour and now some of the colours are too strong and the detail is not as clear! Each time I learn more.
On the up side the the gloves are looking great! I love the way the beads just frost the yarn and shimmer. The pattern is working out great – now to decide if I want short finger or full fingers! Now that the knitting is done for the competition I can finish off some samples for patterns and the spring classes!